October 2, 2009

Video Post: Mk1 16v takes on the 'Ring

IMGP1597_cr

After all that show business with H2O, I felt the need to get some proper motorsport action going on for the end of the week. Not that I hate shows or show cars, but to be totally honest I just don't care about a super clean car that rarely gets driven. Give me a moderately clean, well used Volkswagen over a pristine trailer queen any day of the week. As I spend a reasonable part of my day on the forums over at VW Vortex, I occasionally see a car or thread that really gets my blood pumping this thread, is one of those threads.

IMG_8584

IMG_8578

IMG_8676

The car is, in my opinion, a proper Mk1. It's clean enough to be nice, and it makes a few nods towards looks over absolute function, but at the end of the day it's a performer. If and when Scirocco Madness ever gets off the ground (no pun intended! Updates coming soon) I want it to be a lot like this. Clean, stripped, painted inside and out, and perfect to throw around the track.

07.09.08 591_res

Need proof? Check out these videos, both posted by the owner.





Makes me sort of jealous about the hill climb and track events available over in Germany. Anyone know of any hill climbs in the USA? Northeast area preferred.

_WRS

2 comments:

  1. Great car, oh wait, it's mine :).

    more on www.classic-dynamics.de

    Regards
    Eike

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Eike, thanks for stopping by the site! Great car...feel free to send any other video links and I'll post them up.

    ReplyDelete