October 9, 2009

Pic post: Late 90's flash back

surfgreen_951e

J's post from the other day had me digging through the archives from the late 90's. At the time I had my pride and joy, 1984 Mk1 GTI, and my newly acquired 1995 Bright Surf Green Golf Sport.

surfgreen_95e

I drove the hell out of that car. I purchased it exactly as it looked in these pics, minus the VR6 chin and the wheels. Lots of good times were had with this Golf Sport (not a GTI), and although I was sad to find out it had been written off a few years back, it seemed a fitting end. It had been owned by an old friend of mine Charles Fields, aka DJ Feelgood, and had seen more than its share of late night parties before I even got my hands on her. The very first night that Charles had the 1995 Golf home from the dealership, the back window and hatch were shot out in a gunfight. (this was downtown Baltimore in the 1990s, which was a hairy time to live in the heart of the city)

Nate_MK3_Mk1_01e

Another side note, I'm pretty sure this is the same Golf Sport that I went to check out in a dealership when J and I went to see these new-fanged Mk3 2-doors they came out with. There were not / are not many Bright Surf Green cars out there, and this was the only one I recall seeing in Baltimore. Then I went on to own it just 4 years later. Who knew? Not the best pics, but I figured they were worth the story.

_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment