October 6, 2009

Update: Scirocco Madness, and introducing....

_DSC1128 copye

Things have been busy yet not busy at all on the project car scene here lately. Sad to say, Project Madness has moved, but is not yet mobile. Every single time I make the time to get a suspension under the car and start ripping into her, well, a bunch of other stuff comes up. What came up this time? No putting it off, and there's no other way to say it, introducing the latest and greatest here at Wolfsburg RS: Carmen, our newly acquired 1990 G60 Corrado.

IMG_0654e

Now I can hear you saying it now. NO! STOP! RUNNNNNNNN! Not a G60, are you insane?? Well friends, I guess I must be, because here I am, the proud owner of two non-running cars, both coupes, and one of which is powered the most notoriously temperamental and quirky engines ever sold with a VW badge on the grill. What can I say, it was a deal I couldn't say no to.

_DSC1129 copye

There will be more to say about Carmen shortly, when I hope to have her up and running, since a G60 just needing a few parts is infinitely closer to running than a Scirocco with no engine at all. (I hope anyway) Getting things roadworthy is job one, and then I will tackle the body, namely going back to an OEM G60 front bumper, hood, remove the skirts, and remove the rear valance and touch up whatever painting needs to be done.

_DSC1130 copye

So here is the final shot of Madness, as I once again left her sitting sadly on the ground. I promise I will actually get this car roadworthy once again. I have the entire thing all mapped out in my brain, and with a second project to sort of distract me from making Madness even remotely compromised, it can really become what it needs to be. Simple, pure, raw and fast. And naturally, powered by an 8v.

_DSC1135 copye

I keep a picture of Jason's 16v around to kinda keep me inspired. I like the European lights and red-trimmed grill, which I may decide to emulate when the time comes. Anyway, here we stand on WRS projects, more to come on these in two weeks or so.

_WRS

_DSC1127 copye

No comments:

Post a Comment