October 13, 2009

Hot off the press!

Or perhaps more accurately, "hot off the vinyl die cutting machine!" but that just doesn't gave the same ring to it. I will soon have these babies in my hands, ready for application to every vehicle I own. I supposes it's not entirely accurate to apply one of these to a car which doesn't have any engine it at all, but wishful thinking never really hurt anybody. I don't have my final price in hand as to what these are going to set me back (I counted more than I asked for in the below pic) but I'll probably be giving these away, or charging a dollar or two at most.

savethe8v

Speaking of wishful thinking, I'm a bit torn as to what to concentrate my efforts on next week. I'll be down in VA with plenty of time to work on a car and access to tools and supplies, but which car to work on? Carmen (de Corrado) is going to need at the very least belts, fluids, filters, fresh fuel, plus either a brake master / clutch master and / or slave cylinder (or all three), and even then it's not about to get me home at night. Still, it would be nice to hear that G-lader roar to life after a many months of dormancy.

1990 Corrado G60

On the flip side of that, the interstate transport machine, the Golf Sport, could probably use a little love before this winter. I've been eyeballing up a Samco coolant hose kit to replace the old OEM bits, plus the Black Forest crankcase vent kit to hook up a catch can. The engine has all strong vitals, but seems to have quite a bit of blow-by, which I blame for the bit of part-throttle detonation which it has been plagued with ever since it was put back on the road. Decisions decisions. Anybody smarter than me have any ideas? I know what I should do, but sometimes that's not always what you want to do...

_WRS

1 comment:

  1. Corrado, just for the hell of it. If it actually fires up you'll know how much of an ordeal/or not that you have ahead of you.

    I think the old sport will survive right?

    ReplyDelete