March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to us

DSCN7083

It was one year ago to the day that our very first post went up here at Der Wolfsburg Rennsport. While we haven't taken over the world, nor would I ever expect to, things have certainly come farther than I would have imagined in just a year's time. While I haven't been able to coax Josh into digging up more than a handful of old pictures from various photo shoots over the years, I'm certainly going to keep working on it.

DSCN7210

I plan on covering the Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge as closely as I am able, and will hopefully make it out to at least one CTSCC event in 2010. I'd like to continue to make motorsport the main topic here, but I can't really leave out the street-scene stuff either. After all it's what most of us drive on the day to day, so it's certainly relevant.

DSCN6159

I'd like to expand my Porsche coverage as well, and plan on doing so with more in depth looks at the ALMS series, starting with this year's 12 Hours of Sebring, which we'll be heading down to cover in just over two weeks. If Porsche wasn't especially relevant when I first began the WRS, it certainly is now, what with VW now owning the motorsport monster from Stuttgart. Some more individual features would be nice too, but we'll see.

996 GT3

Finally, I decided it was high time to finally come up with a more proper logo, or at least something a little more compact than the plain text I had been using previously to mark all of our original content. So here's the first stab at it, on these moldy-oldies that I found lurking in the old harddrive. I personally like my new design, which is reason enough to keep going I suppose, but I'm sure Josh or Jason will have something to say.

Anyways, that's about it for today. I've been busy re-arranging my apartment the past 2 days and so I've been a little side tracked, but promise to have something interesting up soon. Maybe I'll even finish that Golf A59 story, finally.

Cheers, thanks for stopping by

_WRS

3 comments: