February 11, 2010

Pic post: Caddy on TH Lines

P2060701

I'm not much of a fan of the VW Rabbit Pick up models, better known overseas as the Caddy. Most of that has to do with my height I suppose...the few times I've driven them it has been a pretty miserable experience since there's about zero leg room, but aside from that they just don't feel right to me. The extra length on the wheelbase really dulls the driving experience compared to a regular Mk1, but then they were never made for handling. (this is why the Caddy is the ONLY Volkswagen on which I can condone the use of air ride) They do look cool though, and there are plenty of people who love them. Kinda hard to argue when presented with an example like this...

IMGP6022

Just perfect all around, and I love the fact it's got the larger plastic Euro bumpers rather than those little metal versions that are so en vogue these days. Oh, and of all the Schmidt wheels, the TH is by far the best, and is perfect for the early cars. A real example of the perfect wheel making, or breaking a look. Fitment here is 14x8 / 14x9 et18 all around. Check out VW Vortex for the full thread.

_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment