June 11, 2009

This weekend there is only one thing that matters


Le Mans. This weekend. Awesome. Audi and Peugeot have the gloves off and are ready to duke it out to be crowned the king of diesel race cars and winner of the world's greatest race. Qualifying just ended and although Allan McNish was on the pole position initially, Peugeot was able to claim the fastest time with Stephane Sarrazin turning in a 3:22.888 with only ten minutes remaining in the session.

I'm a huge fan of the Audi's as any sane VW or Audi devote would be, but my heart is never really in that fight as much as it is in the slower classes. I love the GT2 spec class, and as much of a Porsche fan as I am, I have to give a nod to the Risi Competizione F430. I've never heard anything bad about the Risi guys, no shady back stories, just hard work and solid results. I was always cheering for them when they campaigned a 333SP back in the old days of the WSC classes at Daytona, so you can bet I'll be paying close attention to them this year.

By the way, be sure to download the Spotters Guide to this year's race. Very cool, and an easy way to keep track of the cars and classes this year.

I have to admit to being a bit of a poor bastard and I don't actually have a cable or satellite TV service with Speed TV or anything like that. Luckily for me there is Radio Lemans.com, plus Speed TV is going to be streaming select feeds on their website during the day. Now if you're like me, the feed at radiolemans.com may not work for you. I have a Mac, with Firefox, with plug ins yadda yadda yadda. No worky. Thankfully there are soutions, namely a direct link to the feed.

Open up Quicktime, open a new URL, and paste this link into the address bar:

http://tx.sharp-stream.com/tune.php?c=radioshowltd&.waxr

Problem solved! Don't forget to go to Speed TV for live video, driver blogs and pictures throughout the weekend. I'd also highly recommend checking up the Midweek Motorsport Listener's Collective on Facebook. It's got a ton of great threads for resources on viewing and watching content online. Plus check out the Radio Le Mans twitter page at twitter.com/specutainment

Now you have no excuse for not keeping up with the most exciting race of the year.

_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment