June 25, 2009

Finally some VW stuff - My two favorite cars from Dubs at the Beach?

I very rarely get time to go muck about and take pictures of cars at car shows. Pretty ironic considering the fact that I'm typically one of the first people there and last to leave, but that's life, man. I did have a quick chance to go around at Dubs at the Beach and see what was there, and although it was no barn-stormer in terms of attendance, there were some nice cars. I didn't take many pictures, but I did snap a few of the Mk1's.

The first was one of my more favorite cars over the past year or so, this clean, well balanced, and nicely appointed Scirocco...and it has a 1.8t swap. I don't really care if a car like this has a swap or not, in fact if it had a cam'd up 8v I'd probably like it more, but overall this car manages something few Sciroccos do, which is stand up to the best in the more normal GTI and Jetta examples. I'd like to think Scirocco Madness will look this good. How soon? Two years at least, haha. But yeah, the BBS RS wheels, the low-but-not-too-low stance, euro bumpers, small touches and attention to details. Really great stuff.

Scirocco's are one of the only VW's that I think really need dished wheels to look right. Flat-face fitments tend to exaggerate all the wrong aspects of the design, so you can be sure that whatever we decide to fit to our Scirocco, it'll be something with a dish. Probably not expensive or exotic, but well balanced let's say. Moving on: One of my other favorite cars was this old Mk1 Diesel. I would never buy a Diesel like this, but I respect the people that do..it's cool. And clean, and well, what more could you want? Not much.

Anyways, these were two of my favorite cars, there were plenty more with more money, more flash, more whatever, but these are sort of the meat and potatoes of nice old cars for me. Everything you could want, nothing you don't!

_WRS

P.S. - I just noticed that when combined, these two cars are almost the exact same color as the Falken colors. That's totally bizarre, because I did not even think of that when I was making this post, it was unintentional, I simply noticed when I was doing my after-posting proofreading. What's even stranger is I'm 90% sure that diesel is the original color as well. (if not original paint)

2 comments:

  1. uh oh are you starting to warm up to sciroccos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the props on the rocco, Glad you dig it.

    ReplyDelete