July 22, 2009

Waterfest 15 - my excuse for not posting

Holy lack of updates! Man the show season sticks it to me. Honestly it's not that I'm complaining, as there are way worse ways to make a living, but when you're working 12+ hour days and planning out the booth, placing orders and generally making sure the wheels don't fall off, there's not much time for thinking up cool things to write about. I think I promised something about the A59 story a couple weeks back? Well we got some more time on that one my friends...

Waterfest 15 is the "big one" as far as VW shows on the East Coast, and probably the USA goes. I would guess that H2O International actually has more show cars at this point, but Waterfest has the bigger venue, the drag racing, the autocross, the burn out contest, the vendors, the girls. You get the idea. It's the hottest, most stressful and generally the hardest thing we do all year. Preparation takes weeks before hand, and recovery takes at least two weeks after, and in the meantime we don't get much sleep, but as far as shows go, it still has the goods as far as I'm concerned. We're so busy working that I never get a chance to see any of the show, and so I never take any pictures or anything, but I snagged a few on the way there.

Here we have the NGP Audi A3, sporting its slightly updated look. The Oettinger body kit remains, as does the APR Stage 3 turbo system, but the old RH wheels, which never really suited the car in my opinion, have been replaced by the Miro STP-3 19's.

The only real downside is that the Stoptech brakes were removed to fit the new wheels. I'm not a big fan of downgrading strictly for the sake fashion, but then again it wasn't my call.

The WRS Mk3 made an appearance, and despite some temporary moments of trouble with the speedometer not working, things were good. Anyways, there were some really awesome cars at the show, at least that was my impression on the walk from the booth to the bathroom and back. Up next will be H2o International (for me) but Jason and the rest of the gang (or maybe just Jason) will be hitting up Mk1 Madness and VAG Fair in the very near future. I'd go but I just don't have it in me. Maybe next year!

_WRS


P.S. - This is R32 guy, and he approves of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment