May 5, 2009

Scirocco Madness: Off my Sciroccer


I'm still waiting on some inside info to come back about the A59 so I can continue on that story line, so in the mean time I've been twiddling my thumbs a bit and thinking about this Scirocco plan. It has actually managed to convince not only Blaksquirrel that it might be a cool idea, but even Robert down at Lufteknic is on board now. My lovely Fiancé is not yet a believer in this, but she isn't necessarily against it either, so that's almost a "yes, it's okay." Besides, she likes Sciroccos so I can easily win her over.

One of the big questions about this is color. What color to do? Josh (Blaksquirrel) is in the camp of leaving it black, and even Jason said he'd leave the doors, hood and hatch as they are, meaning it wouldn't have to have paint. The thing is, I'm not really all that into having another black car. The last few cars I've owned have all been black, silver, or white, so I'm thinking if this is a weekend runner, stripped out racer type of deal, why not make it a bit more eye catching? So I'm looking to that era of garish colors and garish styles: 1970's. Or the aughts. Pretty much the same thing.

I've never tried to hide the fact I'm a big Porsche fan, and if I wasn't not rich, i.e. I could afford a Porsche, I'd own one tomorrow. Win the lottery? I'm buying at least 3 of them. (One 997 GT3 RS, one 993 Turbo, one 964 RS America) So I can't afford a real Porsche, but I CAN afford the paint, or at least the colors. So that's where I'm looking for eyeball inspiration. I know these themes are all pretty popular these days since the 997 RS cars were so popular, and I've seen this theme on everything from Ibiza's and Golf's to anything else you can think of. That doesn't mean it doesn't still have some life left in it. So what should I do? I'm personally leaning towards Signal Green with black, but my mind is far from made up. So what do you think it should be? Vote via the first ever WRS poll! (psst, it's on the upper right hand side...)

_WRS

Orange w/ Black

Signal Green w/ Black

Mexico Blue w/ Black
Black w/ Orange
Mint Green w/ Black

or what the heck: White w/ Blue

2 comments:

  1. How bout peppermint green?? It's both Porsche and an 'old school' 90's euro look VW color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm good point. I added a pic so people can see, but I can't edit the poll now that people have voted...good one though!

    ReplyDelete