May 2, 2009

Scirocco Madness: Continued

So after a good night's sleep, I'm thinking we can continue with this project idea. In order to make it official, I decided to come up with some sort of a graphic. Doing this I learned two things:

One. I am just not very good at coming up with logos and making things flashy in Photoshop. I can get by, but don't knowt quite enough to make it interesting. So for right now this will have to do. I will be commissioning Blaksquirrel to come up with something better in the near future.

Two. I was reminded of the other big reason I was swayed more in the "pro" direction of this project, rather than the "Con." This is a non sun-roof car. I'm not a fan of sun roofs in general. All they do is leak and add extra weight, so I figure this is an ideal shell, even more so than most that you see.

Anyways, here's a picture of one possible direction we may go in. Stripped down, very basic, very low. As I mentioned in the comments section of the last post the car is going to be resprayed. The colors chosen for my stank-a-dank graphic might clue you into the direction I'm going in for that one.
The other option is to do a Berg-Cup inspired nut-job wide fender type of thing. I'm no body man, so this is probably a poor idea, but it could be cool. Well we'll see. In the meantime I'm busy thinking about possible motive power choices. I'm leaning towards an atmospheric engine since I'm not a huge fan of turbo cars, but if I go the Berg-Cup route for looks I'm not sure anything under 400 horsepower is going to do. Decisions, decisions.

_WRS

7 comments:

  1. i like the stripped down, basic, low option. cheaper, easier, and it'll happen sooner. and you wouldn't need 400hp. just throw in a built aba with a big cam and call it a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point. For a guy full of bad, unrealistic ideas, that one is strangely doable and totally rational. Points taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That exact car, with a different set of wheels would be a good thing to aspire to, shit is hot. I was thinking big cam as well. Jason needs to get a differnt set of doors and hood and make Nate paint them... Leave this car whole. Am rite?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad to see some other people getting behind this project. i may leave these panels and get others for myself, since the 2 different faded blacks probably wont' match. i might just have to buck up and actually get some paint work done on my car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as I don't have to pay any money for anything, I can move forward. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. "off my Sciroccer"

    Or

    "between a rocco and a hard place"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on board...I vote for the black if you get to keep the panels...Don't make it perfect, but with proper equipment, choices it can be great..

    The GT3RS treatment is a nice twist that makes sense...the jap wheels off the Mk3 full orange would be nice addition to the rig.

    Keep engine simple 8v, a strong one of those is hard to beat, and will stay in the car for life. Lets get it on

    ReplyDelete