April 15, 2010

From the archives... A Skyline at Dubs on the Lake

Drift skyline blowing flames on the rev limiter, Dubs on the Lake 2006

Kind of an off topic picture, but it's a classic. That would be Tony from Torque Video behind the car (exhibit A), who had convinced the rather satisfied car owner (exhibit B)into bouncing the thing off the rev limiter so Josh could get a picture of it "blowin' flames." My favorite aspect of the picture though, is the exhibit C, the girl holding her ears in a perfectly captured moment of grimacing pain. That, pieced together with Tony and the look on the face of the dude who owned the car is just pure gold. I laugh every time I look at this. If anything, Dubs on the Lake 2006 is worth remembering for this picture.

Also, it was excruciatingly loud, and I don't blame her one bit...if I had been captured on film I'd probably have looked about the same.

_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment