January 4, 2010

Winter battle mode: Part 2

IMG_2571e

So it's been snowing a lot here in the north east the past few weeks. It was pretty intense. This is not the sort of scene you want to wake up to when you have 6 hours to drive and you're on summer performance tires.

IMG_2580e

Luckily Project Mk5 made it home safe and sound from the icy great white north, despite the poor tire choice, and Josh managed to capture some great artistic shots along the way. Such as:

IMG_2586 copye
treading lightly (thank god for Anti-lock and traction control)

IMG_2584 copye
spin art salt dirt rims

and

IMG_2581 copye
froze up icy 19s

I've been trying to forget how cold it is outside by remembering the good times this past summer. And nothing says summer like a red-hot BBQ with some delicious meats and some Tiki drinks to keep you cool...

_DSC0574e

I feel warmer already.

_WRS

FULL SIZE over at the Flickr pages

2 comments:

  1. I do not miss the salty ass roads the northeast winter produces. I would like to see the undercarriage of that car in about 10-15 years. Glad you made it home ok. I would never had made that trip with those tires in a million years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defense, I didn't know it was going to snow QUITE so badly... they were just calling for a chance. (chance of blizzard I guess!)

    Car is in garage with all that shit on it still, I have off tomorrow, it's getting a serious wash.

    ReplyDelete