January 2, 2010

Battling the weather

Winter battle machine

There's something I've always liked about a car which has spent time battling the elements to reach a destination.
Covered in snow, dirt, ice, salt, slammed to the ground and on summer tires, but making it there in one piece. I've learned my lesson a long time ago about summer tires in winter weather (which is why my Falken 615's aren't on the car right now), but Josh still pushes that limit. Perhaps not the smartest thing to do, but the car looks good on the Lambo reps in the snow.

_WRS


4 comments:

  1. josh is a bonehead. it always catches up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..and I think they're calling for 10-14" additional before they leave tomorrow. Better get the chains out, hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like Josh is going to be starring in an upcoming Snickers commercial "Not going anywhere for a while??"

    ReplyDelete
  4. MADE IT HOME IN ONE PIECE! pushed the limit this time though... that picture doesn't tell the story of yuko's entire family pushing the car up the LONG uphill driveway so I could park by the house. Considered abandoning it by the side of the road/driveway... which would have been an extremely bad decision with hindsight. (probably would have had the car out by spring)

    Gonna get either snow tires or a tow hook for next year LOL, no more snow for me this year if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete