December 10, 2009

Pic post: (A recommendation)

So I've been dipping into the old-school sports car stuff pretty hard lately. With big things happening in the ALMS, I've been reflecting back on the past as a way to look towards the future, and next season..if that makes any sense. Does it? Maybe not. Anyway, google is our friend in all these things, and it seems like more and more great stuff can turn up with each search. It boggles the mind to think none of this content, or at least very little of it, would have ever seen the light of day had the internet not become as easy and accessible as it is.

For those who have either been reading for a while, or have been kind enough to check the back catalog here at Der Wolfsburg Rennsport, you may recall when we visited the BMW Art Cars while they were here in NYC. I've looked for video of those cars, pictures in action at Le Mans, all that stuff, and it's usually hard to find decent ones. They are out there, but not as easy to find as you might think. Well thanks to JCC Photos we have those images. Now...I would post them up, but I can't link to them (all rights reserved and all that) and well, I don't blame the guy. He has some pretty amazing shots, pretty much all the the 24 hours of Le Mans. So go check em out, I can't say I've ever seen such a complete collection anywhere else...

JCC Photos Le Mans Collection


_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment