December 30, 2009

Now that's what I call old school....

Photo: Janusz Mrozek, via Railpictures.net

Aside from being a car nut, I'm also a bit of a general transportation nut. Although I'm not obsessive with it, growing up in an industrial blue-collar town will inject one with an appreciation of heavy machinery and things that make the world go 'round. So yeah. I'll just say it: I can be a bit of a train geek. Which is how I came across this awesome picture of Pittsburgh, circa 1978. Talk about a cool Rabbit! Such an awesome color green. How come they don't sell VW's with eye-catching hues like this anymore? It's like people don't have a sense of humor like they used to. These days it's all grays, silvers, dark blues, blacks and whites...and tans. Ugh. Tan.

I might need to find the paint code for this, for the currently super back-burner project Scirocco Madness. Although I'm sure this machine has long since rusted away in the harsh winters that tend to assault Pennsylvania, it's cool to stumble across this sort of history, preserved for the rest of us to appreciate.

_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment