September 21, 2009

Spotted in NYC: E92 M3

The weather in NYC was beautiful this weekend, and I spent a good amount of time out and about on the streets, getting some relaxation in before the whirlwind event that H2O International is sure to be. There were a few nice cars that were bombing through the streets, including a fairly rare (color) Futura Yellow Mk4 GTI VR6...modified too, but I wasn't quick enough with my camera to get a pic before it was out of sight.

_DSC1090webcopy

This M3 however, was quite stationary, and absolutely stopped me in my tracks. This is a first for the E92 M3. I'm not what you would call a fan of the design. I know it's fast, I know it's capable, but it just doesn't fill me with car-lust like a proper E30, E36, or even some E46 cars. That said, this mean-looking M is perfect. White paint, anthracite Advan wheels, and low-but-not-too-low suspension. This is the sort of car that looks infinitely capable, and like it is actually driven rather than pimped by parking lot racers. Even the future-Mrs WRS remarked about this car...the wheels specifically, which I have to admit are proper. Proper enough that I didn't even comment on the played-out black roof. Whoops...

_WRS

_DSC1091webcopy

No comments:

Post a Comment