October 19, 2010

Pic post: Mercedes SL65 Black Series (with a side of Ferrari 458)

Ferrari 458

While the misses was getting her hair cut over at Vidal Sassoon this past Saturday, I decided to take a walk over to Park Avenue and 55th. The area is home to a few car dealerships, Ferrari being one of them, and I figured they might have something to drool over. They did...599, California, yadda yadda, and a super clean, super nice 458.

Ferrari 458

Now, I tend to be a purist for Ferrari colors (red always, yellow sometimes, rarely anything else) but in white this car was pretty jaw droppingly smooth looking.

2010 Mercedes AMG SL63 Black Series

It had absolutely nothing on what the next door neighbors had on display. This car stopped me in my tracks, and for a Mercedes to do that, well, it's got to be something special.

2010 Mercedes AMG SL63 Black Series

And special this car is apparently. The 2010 Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series. One of only 350 to be made (and this one was already sold), twin turbo V12, nearly 700hp and over 700 ft-lb of torque, lots of carbon fiber, and a very W-I-D-E body. 570 lbs lighter than the standard SL, and able to stop you in your tracks faster than any Lamborghini.

2010 Mercedes AMG SL63 Black Series

And take you to 60mph in under 4 seconds. While zero to 60 times are pretty worthless at telling the real performance of a car, it is impressive. And the car looks like it's worth all that and then some. I've never been a Mercedes man, but this car could convert me...

_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment