June 3, 2010

Pic post: Mk3 GTI 16v from Germany

img1347y

That does it.
Or should I say this car does it. I'm lowering my car more, (just a little!) putting on the flares that I've been sitting on for the past year and change, and getting some texture top bumpers. I've been sorta headed in this direction anyways, but VW Vortex user denisgeu posted some pictures of his incredible Mk3 GTI 16v and I am forced to take action.

DSC_0681

My Mk3 is already sorta halfway there with the textured sides, smoked lamps and the like, and I was playing around with the idea of painting the grill slats black and getting either smoked Hella dual round projectors or some smoked e-code headlights when I was at Dubs at the Beach this past weekend, but this car pretty much overcomes any doubts I had.

p5162402

I mean really, what's not to like? 286 cams, KW Coilovers, Porsche Cup 1 wheels with R32 brakes. This for me is the perfect Mk3. Low enough to look good but clearly still a decent performer and not a total fashion victim. I first saw this car in the 'stance' thread, but for me this is the opposite of stance. It is functional and can be put to use, something those garage and show queens can't do.

p5162403

Thread here.

img1346v

And the car get's time on the 'Ring? Consider the Wolfsburg Rennsport Mk3 officially put into "track" mode from here on out...

_WRS

p5162392

3 comments:

  1. don't stop there. you need an ABF as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah this car is fresh, and w the 17's the flares will look good. no dual rounds though...even though it's 90's

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok fine keep the 8v, but you need a bigger cam and some head work then, and probably a fresh bottom end haha. and i disagree with josh, dual rounds are the shit.

    ReplyDelete