September 22, 2010

Classics on the Green: Porsche

Classics on the green is a yearly car show in Richmond Virginia, one which I have been able to make it to only once, but I swear next year...next year I'll make it back. It's a pretty laid back event, put on by some of the British car enthusiasts in the area, and rather than keep it all to themselves they decided to invite other classic sports and foreign cars to the party. Each year a different marque is featured and this year it was Porsche.


When I went it was Ferrari. Never had I dreamed to see so many beautiful machines from Maranello... '360s, '430s, 'F40s, 'F50s, even an Enzo. And so many suffering from the neglect of having never really been driven. I even saw a brand new (at the time) F430 with tapping lifters and what looked like oil smoke emanating from the tail pipes.

But I digress. This year was the year for Porsche, and our buddy Robert over at Lufteknic organized a gathering of vehicles for a display called 'Porsche in white' for the event. He even got support from Porsche of Charlottesville, who supplied some brand new models to add to the display. And although we weren't able to make it down for 2010, Ed over at the Porsche Bus Blog was, and he was kind enough to snap a few pics. Head on over to Porsche Bus for the rest.

I swear we'll be there next year...

_WRS

No comments:

Post a Comment