March 2, 2009

first post, a greeting


It occurs to me that much like Volkswagen's somewhat spotty and inconsistent racing history, there is a real lack of quality, interesting, motorsport oriented content on the web relating specifically to VW. Sure it's out there, spread across the Internet in bits and bytes, but it's not in a place that's easy to navigate, easy to read, and perhaps most importantly, interesting to read. With VW's success at the Nurburgring 24 hours with their three Scirocco GT24 race cars, along with some wistful memories of VW's past motorsport endeavors (or near misses) I figured why not. I love VW's, I love motorsport, and I don't see enough coverage out there. Sure I love a slammed GTI with pulled and stretched tires, as long as it's not on air-ride of course, but you don't need the flash when you've got it where it counts. On the track, trail, whatever. So welcome aboard. Join me as we look back into the vaults and look to the future of Volkswagen Racing.

_WolfsburgRS

No comments:

Post a Comment