August 7, 2009

Pic post: Swedish Mk1 GTI

I've got mixed feelings about yellow cars. Call it a love / hate relationship, whatever you want, but I just don't like very many of them. Too bright for their own good, attracting too much attention to their flaws and more than a few stares from Johnny Law. That said, when I do find one that I find pleasing to the optic nerves, I'm usually head over heals in love. That's the case with this amazing Mk1 GTI from Sweden.

It's incredibly clean, it's powered by a CIS 8v (hell yes, save the 8v™!) and I don't even mind the uber-contrasty blue wheels / blue grill trim theme. Then again VW Motorsport used to use the blue trim on their builds, so it does have its place on a motorsport inspired build. Damn. This car is awesome.


I think this beautiful car, with these beautiful shots is the perfect way to start the weekend.

_WRS

1 comment: