August 28, 2009

Jason's dreams in a picture

So Jason emailed me this picture as an idea of where he wants to go with his new Fox project. I like it. In fact I think this is the only kind of car I could honestly agree with running air ride on. It's old, it's never going to be all that fast, and it's probably not going to be driven very often, so big deal if the alignment is out of spec or it only looks good sitting still.

Yeah, that car is pretty damn dope. I could get behind an air ride Fox. Not air ride anything else, but the Fox makes it happen. Jason: Stop reading this and get to work!

_WRS

4 comments:

  1. this car will not get air ride. this thing will be lucky to have not blown struts and cut springs on it. budget yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do not fix the body, heck do not even clean it....get the mechanicals all 100%, drop it, and some rat rod customizing...

    the "patina" can't even be recreated, anyone have a shiny turd...this one has the resurrection look!

    it running yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Robert on this one....and I think that's pretty much how you were heading right? Fix the rust hole in the floor, get it running and drop it down...! I would also like to clarify I don't want you to install air ride, just that if there was a car it would be ok on, this would be it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well it's going to at least get washed, to get all the moss off of it, but the only rust that will get fixed is anything structural. the main reason for getting this car is because i miss my rusty mk2 diesel i had. this car will be my first attempt at welding and fabrication, as suspension/exhaust/etc is not available for this car.

    ReplyDelete