January 22, 2011

Video Post: Champions Forever (70s F1 warning)

I am not a Formula 1 fan. Single seaters have never interested me, aside from CART in the early to mid 90s I suppose, so I never pay much attention. Why bother? The cars are ugy, the passing does not pass muster (there is none) and all the 'star' drivers whine about everything and everyone.

But the 70s. Well, the 70s are different. Don't believe me? Check out this amazing film, Champions Forever. NSFW Warning: this was filmed in the 70s, with all the free and easy images one might expect when dealing with young, rich, and attractive racing drivers in exotic cars and locales, and the women who you would imagine to go along with it. All I can say is I was born in the wrong era...

Champions Forever from gt4zone on Vimeo.



_WRS

2 comments:

  1. was fun to watch...good time capsule like film..was more than likely almost meaningless when made, but makes more sense looking back...

    flip-flops, bare chested in the pits...those were the days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention burning cars in the infield at Watkins Glen. Talk about different days... Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete